STARS Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(CHASE RACE #8) Kobalt Tools 200 @ Las Vegas

Go down

(CHASE RACE #8) Kobalt Tools 200 @ Las Vegas Empty (CHASE RACE #8) Kobalt Tools 200 @ Las Vegas

Post by WildWoobs Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:58 am

Brittany Chapman breaks through for his first win, Tyler Everett wins the Championship

Las Vegas was the field of dreams tonight for the Kobalt Tools Truck Series. 35 of the best up-and-comers and seasoned veterans set out to end the series with a bang. 134 laps later, it would be Brittany Chapman, the 21 year old from Edmond, OK that would come out with the victory, Team 405 getting it's second win of 2017, Owen Hill, the team owner and teammate to Chapman winning at New York. However, the bigger story is Tyler Everett. 20 years old, the Omaha, NE native was crowned the 2017 Kobalt Tools Truck Series champion.

"I can't thank everyone on this 97 team enough! These guys busted their butts all week setting up for today, and we got it done! Winning the season opener and season finale, hopefully Owen (Hill) will like this!" Brittany Chapman said, in victory lane.

"The truck was good for what it was. We hit on something after qualifying was a huge let down. As of now and for some unforeseen amount of time, I'm going to take a step back from racing. I know it wasn't a very long career or a career for that matter. For some reason Maki chose to start a truck team and needed help. I was always there for ยต's and wanted to be here for her. So she asked me to help with the team. Once I saw Orvell Jr and Wakamatsu, I knew I wasn't going to be needed. I don't have the talent to race and there is plenty of other people out there that deserve to race. So with that, I bid adeu to racing. I'll still hang around with the team and provide some insight, but I need to spend some time with my Elicchi too though." Nozomi Toujou said, coming home 3rd in her final truck race.

"I'm real proud of Brittany (Chapman) today. She ran a fantastic race and got it done. I knew she had it in her to win, it was just a matter of time. The guys on my payroll are some of the hardest working guys you'll ever meet. They take this job very seriously, and when one of us wins, we all win." Owen Hill said, he managed to get a Top 5 finish out of the day, coming home 5th.

"The guys on this 33 team deserve this every bit. They've been working hard from Day 1, and here we are. Rookie of the Year and the 2017 champion to boot. I'm going to miss the hell out of these guys in 2018, hopefully the next driver will be as good to these guys. They deserve every bit of it." Tyler Everett said, on the stage for his championship ceremony. The 20 year old's astounding rookie season consisted of 3 wins, 9 top 5s, and 13 top 10s en route to the championship.

Results:

final points standings:
WildWoobs
WildWoobs
Admin

Back to top Go down