STARS Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(CHASE RACE #5) American Challenge Presented by Sharpie @ Road America

Go down

(CHASE RACE #5) American Challenge Presented by Sharpie @ Road America Empty (CHASE RACE #5) American Challenge Presented by Sharpie @ Road America

Post by BJA95 Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:58 pm

Macintosh dominates to take spot in Final 8

It was an easy day for Grant Macintosh, as he led 22 of the 30 laps from the pole to take home the win at Road America and earn his place into the last eight in the championship fight. Macintosh, who earned his fifth win of the season, and second road course win of the season, held off Casey Lester, his teammate, to the line as the race ended under yellow; the first race to do so since the green-white-checkered rule was abolished by new CEO Dean Thompson just two weeks ago.

Connor Swift, another non-chase driver, finished in third position, while chase drivers Chiyo Minami and Ross Carter boosted their chances of making the next round earning themselves a top 5 each.

Debutant Braxton Laughlin, replacing the injured Frank McBrien, could only muster up at 28th place finish, 3 laps down.

A lap 3 accident made Talladega a must-win for Gabriel Macena, as he was the only chase driver to be eliminated from the accident, while Ruby McBrien will be thankful for her Indianapolis victory after she crashed out with fellow chase competitor Breyton Green on lap 9.

"What the hell are we doing winnin' here?!" said Macintosh in victory lane, "I've never been known for my road racing, but man, we had a great car today. Gotta thank the ATK boys for their hard work to keep us in this thing, this is a huge relief, now we can go focus on getting into the Final 4 and going to Vegas to race for the title!"

"If only we could do this earlier in the year," said Connor Swift, who announced he would be leaving Kwik Fit at the end of the season before the race, "Car was damn good today. Never got the Q effort we needed in and that's what hurt us all year. We've not had the cars, but myself and Chiyo [Minami] were able to get what we needed out of the car today. I'm here to make sure that #22 makes the final four now, though."

Macintosh joins Ruby McBrien in the third round of the chase, as 10 drivers will fight for the 6 remaining spots at Talladega.

Results:

Chase Standings:

BJA95
BJA95
Admin

https://starsracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down