STARS Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(CHASE RACE #2) Comcast 125 @ Chicagoland Speedway

Go down

(CHASE RACE #2) Comcast 125 @ Chicagoland Speedway Empty (CHASE RACE #2) Comcast 125 @ Chicagoland Speedway

Post by WildWoobs Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:23 pm

Tom Ashcroft wins a wild race in the Windy City
A tremendous late race pile-up set off by the lapped truck of Lacey Starling holding up Cam Bennett and Martin Jackson while racing for the lead would deny Nevaeh Laughlin her first win in the Kobalt Tools Truck Series, sending the race into a Green-White-Checkered finish with Laughlin and Tom Ashcroft on the front row. Tom Ashcroft would come away with it in a thrilling photo finish with Gregory Hadaway, winning it by one one-hundredth of a second, the first win of 2017 for the Ashcroft Racing Team.

"I can't believe it man, it's unreal, we never thought we'd get 'that' close to losing one, but victories like that are sweeter ones." Tom Ashcroft said, overjoyed in victory lane to get his Ford EcoBoost truck it's first win of 2017.

"I mean, it sucks that's how our race ends, getting wiped out because of a truck that's off the pace, but I guess that's racing. We aren't out of this title fight yet, and we'll go to Indianapolis and fight like hell for that last spot in the next round." A frustrated Cam Bennett said. Starling had prior damage after she had gotten into an incident with John Jefferson in the 88 and Owen Hill in the 79, as well as Ricardo Guerrero in the 05 truck.

Nevaeh Laughlin was also very upset after the race, coming up short again. "These morons can't keep it clean to the end when I'm up front, pretty typical. Lost a chance to win at New York because of this and now I lose this race too. I love these gimmick finishes." An irate Nevaeh Laughlin had to say post race.

Results:

Chase Standings:

Points Standings:
WildWoobs
WildWoobs
Admin

Back to top Go down